Opening a Case

Who can open a case


  • A parent or legal guardian who lives in California and who is not on public assistance
  • A parent who lives outside of California where the other parent lives in California

NOTE: An individual who applies for public assistance is in most cases referred to us to open a case and is required to cooperate.


How to open a case


  • You may make an appointment by telephone (866) 901-3212 or visit one of our offices to obtain the application and begin the process.
  • You may obtain an application on-line. Click here to obtain an Application for Services . Once you have completed all of the forms, come in to our office to meet with a case worker and begin the process.
  • You may apply online using the VIOLA app: Virtual Interactive Online Application . Once the application received by the LCSA, you will be contacted to continue with the process.


Office locations


All offices are open Monday through Friday, from 8 am to 5 pm, including the lunch hour. Office are closed on major holidays.


Jackson – 639 New York Ranch Rd, Jackson, CA 95642
Markleeville – 75 Diamond Valley Rd, Markleeville, CA 96120
San Andreas – 509 E. St. Charles St, San Andreas, CA 95249
Sonora – 975 Morning Star Dr, Sonora, CA 95370