In most cases, payments are due on the first day of each month. Payment options include:
- Mail – SDU, P.O. Box 989067, West Sacramento, CA 95798-9067 (It is suggested that all payments sent by mail to SDU be mailed by the 20th of the month to ensure the payment is credited within the current month.)
- By Credit or Debit Card – CASDU or 1-866-901-3212
- Pay from a bank account – CASDU or 1-866-901-3212
- In person at any of our locations Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- By phone at 1-866-901-3212
- At retail outlets – Using MoneyGram or PayNearMe
- Payments can be made in cash, by check, or by money order.
*Cash should never be mailed.
Payments must have identifying information to insure proper credit:
- Participant Identification Number(s) – If you do not have this number, please contact the Agency, or;
- Case numbers, or;
- Social Security Number(s), and;
- Payor/Payee Name
- “Child Support” should be indicated in the Memo section of any check/money order
SDU offers parents more options – Today child support payments can be received by:
- Direct Deposit
- An Electronic Payment Card (EPC) – similar to an ATM card
- Standard bank check (It is very important custodial parties keep their address current with the local child support agency to ensure timely receipt of child support checks sent via mail)
When a payment is received, it is forwarded to the family within two business days unless the money is owed to the county or must be held for some other reason.
All collections, except federal tax refund intercepts, are credited to current monthly support (child support first, medical second, and spousal third.)
If there is money remaining after paying current support, it is used to pay arrearages. The money for each arrearage type is first applied to principal and then to interest.
Obligors whose employer has a weekly or bi-weekly pay period may incur a small amount of arrears each month if their current support obligation is not fully met. This arrears amount is usually made up during the months in which there are additional pay periods.